Eat Right and Exercise
Ever feel like you’ve hit a slump in your “eat right and exercise” goals? It happens to all of us, and while it can be hard to get back on track, there ARE steps you can take. They are easy, simple steps that can help to reset your priorities by installing a little extra zing into your day to day. Nothing major, but the good news is – these motivations to eat right and exercise can really make a big difference!
I think that the best inspiration to get and stay motivated – especially during the holidays, when you may be short on time or waiting until the New Year to start a new workout plan – is to take baby steps. One solution is my DeniseAustin.com membership. I designed it to provide people with simple, effective workouts and challenges that anyone can fit in to their daily schedule. I have dozens of workouts that require no equipment, that can be done in the privacy of your own home (or if you are traveling, anywhere you happen to be!), and that can be broken down into 10-minute chunks. Because every minute counts when it comes to exercise when you are busy! So check out a free trial now – I think you will love it, and it’s risk free!!
Some other ways to get inspired to eat right and exercise that always work for me include:
- Music. It’s key to getting motivated, so I blast it when I work out. Upload songs to your smart phone or treat yourself to a favorite CD, but only allow yourself to listen to your new music when you work out. It’ll give you something to look forward to. Podcasts are a great motivator, too, especially if you are on a walking plan.
- Healthy rewards. Give yourself a non-food reward after a week’s worth of healthy eating and exercise. Some suggestions: Curl up with a good book or magazine, get a manicure, or buy yourself some flowers or a candle for your home or office.
- Find a workout buddy. This really helps me stick with and look forward to my work-outs. Every Sunday, I pull out my calendar and call my friends to set up exercise dates for the week. I love that I can stay in shape and stay in touch with friends.
- Make healthy living a cinch. Put your workout clothes out the night before or keep your gym bag stocked and in your car. These things make it easier to exercise, and just the sight of your workout clothes is a great reminder. A new workout outfit is also a great way to look forward to getting in your daily exercise, so treat yourself!
- Stay accountable. Hang a calendar somewhere that you can see it often – the refrigerator, above your computer – and put a sticker or special mark on the days you work out and eat right. Seeing evidence of your hard work will inspire you to keep it up.
- Schedule it in. Pick a time of day that you’re going to exercise and stick with it. This way it becomes part of your schedule and makes you feel more committed. It’s like an oath to yourself that you won’t want to break. Without some planning, your day can easily get ahead of you.
- Pick a close friend and e-mail your workout log to him or her each week. When you know someone else is “watching,” you’re more likely to stick with it.
- Slip on your workout clothes and don’t take them off until you sweat. This is one of the biggest things I do to stay motivated (yes, even I have trouble at times). The second I wake up, I put on my workout clothes and sneakers because I know that I’d be embarrassed to take them off without squeezing in a workout.
- TV can be another motivator. I like to watch ESPN (with sound turned off while listening to music) because all those athletes get my psyched up. But you can also record your favorite shows and work out while watching, or use the commercials to do exercise such as squats, crunches, planks and push-ups.
- Make healthy foods look more appetizing and thus more satisfying. Instead of eating yogurt out of the container, put it in a bowl and alternate layers of yogurt and fruit, or make fish and veggies more appealing by adding a garnish of mint or parsley. My DeniseAustin.com membership has dozens of healthy recipe ideas and a meal plan to help you eat right!
And of course one of the best motivators is when you see amazing changes in your body, your energy level, how well you sleep, and how well your clothes fit! And when you feel great you know what the reward is and it’s a little easier to stay on the path of living a healthy and fit lifestyle. So if you want that feeling of health and the variety and inspiration to stick with it, start your free trial of DeniseAustin.com. Every day, right there on your smart phone, tablet, TV or computer, I will give you your daily meal plan and your workout of the day, keeping it fresh and balanced and making it easy for you to stay on track, all customized just for you. Whether you’re already fit or just starting out, vegetarian or diabetic, we will work together to create the right dietary and exercise plan just for you and you’ll be on track and feeling great in no time. You can DO it! Life is precious and you deserve to feel GREAT! Let’s motivate each other to exercise and eat right… and reap the rewards together!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,