Do you want to tap into the Fountain of You?! Let’s do it! Adding healthy practices to your daily routine will lead to what I like to call “The Fountain of You” – because it’s about being the best you can be, no matter what your age! I have practiced many of these for years, and have found that they keep me healthy, help to prevent and minimize some of the not-so-fun parts about aging, and give me an overall sense of well-being and happiness… the REAL secret to the Fountain of You in my opinion!
1) Drink plenty of water. Water keeps you regular, makes you feel full so you aren’t as prone to overeat, hydrates your skin for a plump, dewy look, and so much more. I drink a big glass of lemon water in the morning (a great way to get a little extra vitamin C into the day!), try to drink a glass every time I use the bathroom, and keep a refillable water bottle with me when on the go. Learn more about the benefits of water!
2) Exercise most days. The benefits of exercise are numerous – it helps keep extra weight off, promotes a healthy heart, keeps your muscles strong and keeps your body toned. It’s also good for your skin (it increases blood circulation) and your mood. A little bit counts, but 30 minutes most days per week is even better! My DeniseAustin.com membership focuses on 30 minutes of cardio, strength training or flexibility exercises each day – it’s a great way to keep your workouts interesting and challenging, so check it out – start your free trial! Here’s a sample of what you can get when you join – try this 10-minute toning workout today. It’s from one of my popular mini-challenges available to DeniseAustin.com members, my Natural Body Bootcamp Challenge.
3) Get your zzzs. Sleep is so important for the Fountain of You: Enough of it helps to promote physical health – including staving off diabetes, memory loss, hypertension and colds; gives you a rested, refreshed look; and can make a huge difference in how you tackle your day. Aim for 7-8 hours per night – use these sleep tips to learn how to get better shut eye!
4) Make sure you are eating a healthy diet focusing on foods that are good for you. Foods that are rich in antioxidants are key, and the easiest way to get more in your Fountain of You meals is through produce. Load up on veggies and fruit and you will look and feel great! I especially like berries and dark greens like kale and spinach – both are powerhouses of nutrition, and you should be eating them when you can! The eating plan that comes with my membership makes it simple to get more vegetables and fruit in your diet – I have recipes like a Lean Green Smoothie, Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad, Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken and more! Meal planning is done for you, and everything is tasty, delicious and easy to make.
5) Take time for you. Caring for yourself is important… and you deserve it!! Make sure to take even five minutes each day to focus on yourself. Whether you meditate, do some stretching, go for a walk, or curl up with a magazine or book, “me” time is actually time that helps to fill you back up, so you can give time and energy to others as well!
I hope you find these Fountain of You tips helpful… even if you adopt a few of these, you WILL see and feel a difference in your physical and emotional health… and always remember you are WORTH IT!!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,
Natural Body Bootcamp Toning Workout Video Transcript:
Welcome everybody to your Natural Body Bootcamp. Today it’s an overall toning routine, everything from head to toe to tone up, so let’s begin by taking a deep cleansing breath in, bringing in the oxygen, and exhale out any stress. One more time. Inhale, bring it up and exhale out. Beautiful, and let’s just warm up and ease into the workout. Warming up through the shoulders, your legs, your hips. Shake it all out. That’s it. Stretch and tone. That’s what we’re gonna do. Overall, toning for all the major muscle groups from head to toe, shape and tone, and from. That’s it. Good stretch your arm all the way back now really opened up through the chest. That’s it. Great for the arms, shoulders, no more tension. That’s it. Beautiful. Shifting your weight side to side. That’s it. Reach out and over and over. That’s it. Feel it stretch your legs. Good warm up, getting your whole body ready.
That’s it. Beautiful. Got One more lift up and over and now stretch. Just told the body stretch. That’s it. Lean, now look up. Hold that stretch. Beautiful. And now all the way up to the other side, reach out and over. Reach. Beautiful, great for your back. We’re up through the legs, your hips, that’s it, and over all the way over. That’s it. Stretch all the way. Great for the spine is your lifeline. Last one. Now hold it. Hold it. That’s it. Hold it right there. Feel the elongation through the spine. Feel your arms stretching your legs. Beautiful stretch. Oh, okay. Let’s begin bringing your feet about shoulder width apart. We’re going to begin with a squat and come up and squat back. Now we’re target toning through the arms and buttocks at the same time. Notice that I’m sitting back through the weight of the heels. That’s it. To really work back there to lift and tone the bottom.
That’s it. Down, and as you come up, squeeze the buttocks. Good. Really squeeze it to make a difference. Looking great behind last one, and now we hold it down there. Little pulses. Now back is strong and straight little pulses back is straight. That’s it. Use your thigh muscles. Use your buttocks. That’s it. Two more. One more and come up. Beautiful. We’re going to work the outer thighs, take it down, and stretch it back up. That’s it. Working. Oh, the major muscles of the whole body. Lift and push away says . Working the outer thighs, your hips, and your to left it. That’s great. Toned and tight tush. Last one, reach it out and release. Now let’s go the other side to get down. Push away. That’s it. Great. Really feel it. That’s great for the thighs and butt. Good. Shape it, tone it, really feel it in your legs, stretch through the arms.
Whole body’s working. Last one, and release. Inhale and exhale. Beautiful. Inhale and exhale. Now hold the yoga pose. Chair pose. Hold it there. Sit back. That’s it. Overall, toning. Your arms are stretched up. Relax your shoulders, your knees, your thighs. That’s it. Beautiful and release, and now turn to the side. We’re going to use your arms up and lift through the abs, arms and abs. That’s it. Beautiful working the legs, the whole body. You can do it down. Push up really balance. Use your abs, use your arms for better balance. That’s it. Last one, and take it down. Good shape and tone. Your thighs, that’s it. Total body toner. Great targeting. All the areas, the legs, the butt, the arms and the core. Okay, switch to the other side. We’re taking it down and push up to get down. bicep curls up. Great. Really feel it down, up. Drive your leg through. That’s it. Two more. Last one, and hold it there. Down. Lunge. Tightened up through the abs, back a strong and straight. It’s all about your thighs. Now, 90 degree angles. Protect your knees. That’s it. Last one. Hold it. Hold it. Beautiful. Come on down and let’s begin our pushups. Strengthen the those arms. Okay. For those of you just starting out on their knees, that’s great. Just pick your toes up and let’s begin. Chest press up.
You can do it. These are making your arms strong. Your chest firm and lifted. That’s it. Two more. Last one. Beautiful. Now I want you to try the tricep toner. Bring your elbows closer in to the body. Take it down. Can you hold it? Tricep toner, push away. Push away. Wow. Good work. Let’s do another down. Keep your elbows close. Push up. Perfect. Okay. Just relax your arms. Beautiful. Inhale and exhale. Let’s now work on our abs. Here we go. Beginning to high plank position. Your feet are about hip width apart. Your arms are nice and steady and straight. You’re tightening up those abs. Now, tuck under your hips a little. Tighten up your buttocks and hold that position. Hold, hold, hold. Bring your knee to your chest. Push it back out. Alternate the other knee and out. Now, criss cross, cross and out. Cross. Now the same side with the same leg.
Beautiful. Take it out. That’s it, and hold, hold, hold. Tighten up those abs. You gotta you got it, and release time to work on those butts, butt toners. It’s a lift and lower lift. And though thinking about making your neck long, straight back, squeeze your butt as you lift. We’re now going right into toning the buttocks and the back of your thighs. It’s a total body workout, a set routine to work your muscles to firm them, to keep toned. Last one, hold it up. You’re holding up there, beautiful, beautiful, and relax. Now switch legs. Oh, you have to do is lift the other leg. Lift and lower, but squeeze the bottom. Tighten up your tushy. It’s all in the rear. Squeeze it lift it, tone it. That’s it strong and straight. Your neck is relaxed. That’s it. We got two more. Last one. Come on, hold it up there.
Holding up there and relax. Okay. Come on down on your backs and now it’s time to work on the back of your thighs and buttocks. Hold your hips up, tightened up through the abs, and let’s do little baby pulses. Lift, lift, balance through the butt and the thighs. Working the tone and shape and really help the bottom half look better. This is a great exercise. We’ve got two more. Last one. Hold it up there. Now Walk your feet together, lift one leg up, and now take it down and lift up. Try it. It’s really targeted. You’ll see the difference in the back of your thighs. There’ll be nice and firmed and toned. Yes. And lifted, but two more. Last one. Okay. And switch. Hold it up there. Lift and lower. Just give it a try. If this is too difficult, just place the foot down and continue squeezing the bottom.
Okay, because those are all the best exercises too. Up and down. Two more. Last one. Beautiful. Now it’s time to work on those abs, so clasp your hands behind you and little baby lifts. Up and down, up and down. Notice my chin is slightly lifted. It’s not crunched here. That way you work 100 percent of abdominal strength. Your back should be flat on the ground. Flat bellies. That’s it. You have two more sit ups. Come on one more. Take it up there, hold it, roll up. Let me see your beautiful smiling face. Take a deep breath together. Inhale and exhale and stretch it out. Beautiful workout, total body toner. I love it. If you’d like some more exercises, tips, recipes, just log on to DeniseAustin.com. Have a great day.