One of my tried and true tips for living EVER BETTER™ is so simple… DRINK WATER! Staying hydrated is so important for your body in sooo many different ways. We are made up of about 60% water, so it’s not a surprise that staying hydrated is so crucial to our body functioning correctly! In addition to body function, drinking the proper amount of water can also improve the following:
- Skin – Staying hydrated has been proven to increase blood flow which will make your skin glow and increase production of new blood cells, which is great for keeping a plump and youthful look!
- Hair – Dehydration can cause your hair to become thin and brittle… drink water to keep your hair healthy and full of body!
- Weight Loss – Our bodies often mistake dehydration for hunger. When you think your body is telling you to eat something, you may just need to drink a glass of water!
- Immune Booster – Keeping your body properly hydrated will help you stay healthy! Continually flushing water through your system will remove toxins that your body might otherwise hold on to, which could cause you to get sick.
My goal is to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day. This is just a general rule though. If it happens to be a really hot day and I go for a long walk, or I do a hard workout and sweat more than usual, or even if I eat something that’s higher in sodium than I’m use to… I will adjust my goal! Here are a few tips to help you drink more water!!
- Wake and Drink – I always drink a full 8-ounces of water right when I wake up. This knocks out one of your glasses instantly… wakes up your body and gets you going! Pour yourself a glass of water before you go to bed and keep it on your nightstand or in the bathroom so it’s there waiting for you when you wake up!
- Get a Large Water Bottle – I love to keep a large water bottle with me wherever I go! Especially if I’m out running errands, My EVER BETTER™ Insulated Water Bottle is the perfect option! It’s double walled stainless steel, and will keep your water cold for hours! You would only have to drink 2 of these two reach your goal of 64-ounces for the day!
- Add Flavor – You may not love drinking plain water, and that’s okay! Feel free to add some flavor to!! My only suggestion is to make sure you reach for natural flavors – avoid added sugars and artificial flavors and colors. I love to add fruits…. like lemon, orange, strawberries, or try some fun combinations like watermelon and mint or cucumber, lemon and mint… yum!!
- Water First – Try to drink about 8-ounces of water before every meal, 20-30 minutes before you eat. This will do two things… it will keep your body properly hydrated and it will also help to curb your hunger. Drinking water before eating a full meal will help you to feel full faster and not eat as much.
I hope you have learned how important staying hydrated can be! Try out some of these tips to help you drink more water, and keep your body properly hydrated!! It is so important that we do all that we can to stay healthy and fit… and staying hydrated is an easy thing that anyone can do.