Hi Everyone! Today we’re talking about green tea health benefits! Over ice, it’s so refreshing on a hot day, and during the cooler days, it warms your insides. And what’s more, it’s SO good for you! In addition to being a great morning or afternoon pick-me-up, drinking green tea can provide you with so many wonderful health benefits, too! If you like healthy food suggestions like this, start your free trial of my Whole Body Plan – I have an Eat Like Denise Plan to try out!
1. Boost Your Metabolism! A study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that green tea-extract increases the metabolism by 4% over a 24 hour period, which means that green tea can lead to increased weight loss!
2. Improve Brain Function! Green tea does contain less caffeine than coffee, but still just enough caffeine to get you going in the morning. Plus, it is easier to digest than coffee. When that caffeine is combined with amino acid L-theanin, which naturally is found in green tea, it has been known to improve brain function.
3. Be A Preventative Medicine! Green tea also has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer. Multiple studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of various types of cancer, in particular: breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer. Green tea is also loaded with bioactive compounds. Studies have shown that these bioactive compounds can have several protective efforts on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
4. Fight Infection And Halitosis! Green tea also contains catechins, a natural antioxidant. According to research, the catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, and EVEN help reduce bad breath!
5. Help To Lower Blood Sugar Levels. In a recent trial, it was shown that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels, which may also lower the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes in the long term.
6. Improve Heart Health. Studies also show that green tea drinkers have a 31% lower risk of cardiovascular disease! So let’s toast to heart health with a mug or glass of green tea today!
I’m a big believer in drinking water and make my eight, 8-ounces glasses each day a priority, but every afternoon I do enjoy a cup of green tea as a way to get these green tea health benefits and for a little pick-me-up. Keep in mind that it does have caffeine, so you don’t want to overdo it.
It’s all about finding the right balance between eating well, exercising and staying on track. It’s those little habits that make a big difference overall. Let me help make it easier for you to find that balance – start your free trial of DeniseAustin.com! My 10-Week Whole Body Plan has a customizable eating plan, along with daily workouts and personal guidance and encouragement from me! Plus, my Eat Like Denise Plan – quick and healthy recipes to try out for a week! Try it today, I think you’ll love it!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,