A note to my community: Over the next few weeks, I will be featuring content that I hope can help all of us better manage these uncertain times. My hope is that I can encourage each of us to take proactive approaches to keeping our bodies, minds and emotional well-being as healthy as they can be. I am also offering a limited-time 30 days of free access to new members of DeniseAustin.com. Experience my at-home workouts, healthy recipes, and support, free for 30 days when you sign up. I love you all – take care of yourselves the best you can! xoxo, Denise
Happy Saturday everyone! People always comment on my positive outlook on life. Looking at the bright side of life is something I choose to do and put forth, and you can, too. I made a decision to embrace what’s good about life because I believe that a positive attitude and optimistic outlook can awaken me to so many new possibilities, opportunities that self doubt and negativity completely miss. The truth is that there are many things in life that we can’t control, but your attitude is all up to you. Attitude is everything!
Here are my five tips for looking on the bright side:
1. Take a minute to sit down and make a list of things you like about yourself, for instance, your great smile, your toned arms, and the fact that you’re a wonderful friend. Read it every day and add to it regularly.
2. Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive and constructive one. When pessimistic or anxious thoughts pop up, imagine a red STOP sign and immediately replace them with thoughts that are more upbeat and productive.
3. A person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. But don’t wait for someone else to do it. Instead, appreciate yourself. Appreciate your hard work, patience, resilience, strong muscles, and determination to live a healthy life. Respect yourself for improving your body, mind and outlook.
4. Replace negative words like woulda, coulda, and shoulda with a positive outlook and words like “can” and “will.” Also, challenge your pessimistic thoughts by visualizing yourself doing the unthinkable. It takes baby steps to reach a goal but you can do it and you will achieve it! My Whole Body Plan includes lots of positive encouragement, to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be: getting fitter, staying healthy, eating better, or having a better outlook on life. See if it’s right for you – I am offering a limited-time 30-days free access right now to all new members! Stay healthy and happy!
5. Laugh out loud and do so often. Not only does research show that laughter is good for your immune system and your heart, but it tightens your tummy as well. Queue up a funny movie, look up comedians you like online, or think of jokes that make you laugh – all will help lighten the mood!
Let’s get fitter together, inside and out!
Hi everyone! It’s Denise Austin. Today I want to talk to you about being positive. How to have a happy, positive attitude. It’s worth it, I promise. Life is too short to be a grouch – be happy! Here’s three easy ways that I do on a daily basis.
Number one, have a gratitude journal. Write it every night, like what you did that day that made you feel good about yourself, it’s so important. Be grateful for what you have.
Number two, be active. It’s so important to burn those calories, it gets rid of tension and anxiety, it’s the happy hormone that makes you feel better.
And number three, and most importantly, do something good for others. You feel good inside, that way, you can spread the love you have and it makes you feel so much better, I promise. Even if it’s as little as giving someone else a compliment, it does help.
Love you guys! Stay fit and healthy – and happy!