EVER BETTER™ Body Recovery Tips
Body recovery is an important part of maintaining an active lifestyle and vital to living an EVER BETTER™ life! Full body recovery is more than just cooling down directly after working out. There are plenty of activities you can incorporate into your fitness routine that will help your body recover, keep you moving forward on your fitness journey and more importantly allow you to continue your success!! Here are some of my top tips on improving your body recovery after exercise.
- Stretch. Stretching will help to relieve tense muscles, and limit joint and muscle strain.
- Foam Roll. Foam rolling muscles that are extra tight can improve your range of movement and flexibility. Check out this video on how to correctly use a foam roller!
- Baths. Soaking in a hot bath when you’re sore will not only feel amazing, but it will do amazing things for your muscles too! The heat of the water will help to stimulate blood flow, relax your muscles and speed up healing!
- Rest. Although it is good for you, exercise is actually stress on your body, so it is really important to give your body rest days and allow your muscles to repair themselves! A rest day doesn’t mean you have to sit around and do nothing. Feel free to go for a walk or complete a low-impact workout like yoga or a nice stretching routine!
- Hydrate. Dehydration pulls fluid out of your muscles, which could make muscle soreness and overall aches and pains worse. Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated, especially during recovery, will help your muscles stay pliable, flush toxins from the body, get nutrients throughout your body and so much more. Try some fruit infused waters if it’s hard for you to drink regular water all day long – change up the flavors and have fun with it!
- Sleep. When you sleep, your body is actively recovering, repairing and build muscle that was worked during exercise. Getting restful sleep is essential in body recovery!
Allowing your body to recover and letting your muscles heal are just as important as doing the exercise itself!! Build one or two days into your routine to take it easy – but remember to move your body still! Go for a walk, hike with a friend or a casual bike ride; have fun with it!! I’m so excited for you to try some of these body recovery tips!!